One of the biggest change we have in our lives is linked to Career Direction/Focus. Thinking about moving on or changing careers entirely? This can be quite daunting. A new job may mean New People, New Environment, New Challenges...Basically everything! New, scary and not necessarily with a salary increase!!
Here are a few points to consider before making this change:
• Are you happy in your current job?
• Do you want to do something new that you are passionate about?
• Can you afford a reduced salary?
Whatever you decide, it is definitely worth considering what your priorities are, as you may not be able to afford your passion for now if it results in a pay cut. There will definitely be more to think of before making this change. Just remember that you spend more time at work then you do anywhere else. So if you are not happy at work then this means that most of the day you are unhappy.
If you are considering this change, make sure you write down your thoughts including the pros and cons of moving or staying. What is the effect on your life and others if you do or don’t make this change. Don’t worry if you can’t make that change immediately, it could be work in progress and a change that you work towards, for the future.
I’ll leave you with this parting thought; ”Until you change your thinking, you will always recycle your experiences” – “themindsjournal.com”
Some of the Questions I get asked
1) Been out of work for a long time, how do I start looking for a job
2) Been in the same job for a long time how do I start
3) New graduate how do I enter into the job market
4) Not actually sure what I want to do but no I don’t enjoy what I am doing now
5) I am only 16 and have a few things I am interested in but not sure how to start the process
6) Having a health work/health balance
7) Applying for jobs and not getting interviews