Languages : English
|Face to Face||Facetime|
Trained with : Martha Beck Wayfinder Life Coach Training
Qualifications : Certified Martha Beck Wayfinder Life Coach
Hi, I'm Gen.
I am legally trained and, like many lawyers, I had begun to think too much and feel too little!
Then something shifted and I knew this was no longer the right path. Aspects of the legal system started to bother me: the blame, the competition, the judgments that were incapable of capturing the nuances of our messy human relationships. Looking more broadly, I was concerned about our trajectory and a worldview that was premised on individualism; that we must protect, control and dominate in order to thrive.
I began looking inward, starting with meditation and yoga, and I now teach yoga.
Stumbling across the Martha Beck Wayfinder Life Coach program was a lucky break. I was taught tools to promote self-awareness, reduce suffering and to connect with the inner wisdom and intelligence that we all have.
Now I know what I want to do; I want to expand women's choices through self-inquiry and empower them to access the internal guidance and strength needed to navigate this crazy world, wisely and calmly. I believe that it is through introspection - both individual and collective - that we can carve out a more harmonious path.
Although I am based in Australia, I work over the phone, Skype, Zoom etc. so location is never an issue.
I work with women who:
• Feel adrift and buffeted by external forces, including COVID-19;
• Want to know who they are without the reinforcing circumstances of their life;
• Have a nagging feeling that they are not on the right path or that the path requires tweaks;
• Feel that there is sometimes a clash between the prevailing worldview/dominant narrative and their own sense of what is true;
• Want to feel more anchored into their own internal guidance.
I can help you to:
• Identify the choices and freedoms contained within all circumstances;
• Identify and move past your fears and limiting beliefs;
• Explore how societal pressures and accumulated traumas may be keeping you stuck in your thinking;
• Connect to and work with the body;
• Uncover and listen to your own truth;
• Learn how to navigate change with more ease.
As a heads up, I use both rational and magical tools!
We are able to control very little, and definitely much less than we imagine. But we are never powerless. Viktor Frankl states: “Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation.” Choice comes from who we know ourselves to be and who we want to become.
Empowerment; self-inquiry; introspection; guidance; belonging; connection; anxiety; choices; overwhelm; bewilderment; direction; confusion; uncertainty; integrity; mind-body connection; confidence; clarity; inner strength; self-reliance; change; growth; transformation; isolation; adaptation; authenticity