It goes without saying that if your current career is making you unhappy then take a step forward to make a change. When you are “stuck” it can be difficult to take a step back and assess the situation from a neutral perspective. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
• What makes you truly happy?
• What are the issues that could impact your work life?
• What are the negative thoughts, behaviours, obstacles that are holding you back?
• What do you want from your job apart from money?
• What % of the time do you feel positive at work?
• What do you enjoy the most in your current job?
• What do you wish you could do in your current job that you don’t do already?
• What do you do when you aren’t at work?
• What career did you want when you were young? Is it what you have now?
• If you were old and are looking back on your life what job would you like to see yourself doing?
If your answers are mostly positive then perhaps you don’t need a career change but maybe a new job or change of company. If your answers are mostly negative then perhaps a career change is an option. But do so advisedly – make sure it really is work that’s making you unhappy.
Changing career is a big decision so really make time to look at all your options, identify what’s holding you back, what’s making you unhappy and start to make small baby steps to change.
If you would like to know more please email me.