How do you have a great online dating profile?
I firmly believe and have for a long time that meeting people in person is the best way. It displays confidence from a female perspective and the initial interaction can be quite special and spark lots of chemistry.
However, in saying that a common complaint from women is that men do not take the initiative to walk up to a girl to talk her despite her flirtatious eye contact and obvious signals.
So, what happens? They resort to online dating.
Even though my personal preference for dating and relationships are meeting people in person I have had some success with online dating as well – probably around 50/50 in terms of quality.
And the key word there is QUALITY. As I’ve approached my late 20’s I know more about what I want from life and of course, in a partner. So, guys first off, what do you want in a partner?
Do many of you in your late twenties and thirties feel the same?
Your lifestyle becomes busier with exercising, a career, hobbies and possibly even children. So, you want to make sure that you make the most of the most precious commodity in 2018 – time. If this is your lifestyle (like me) I’m looking for someone similar.
Likewise if you are 19 and your social life revolves around cheap drink and nightclub photos then that is what you are going to attract.
Dating quality partners ensures you don’t waste your time and since 1 in 5 relationships now start from online dating (the largest of all methods now) it is important to start with a good online dating profile.
Men, here are my top tips to improve that profile:
1. Picture – DO NOT use photos from 5 or 10 years ago – ESPECIALLY if you are recently out of a long-term relationship and are new to online dating. Use recent, quality photos of yourself doing what you love so you can showcase your hobbies and interests. Take it a step further and hire a photographer to take great pictures. First impressions are important.
2. Ask a question – Ask your potential date a question about what you are looking for. For example, do you enjoy long walks in nature, fresh coffee and trying food from all over the world? Most people are going to look at a question like this and say no. However, there will be a select few who look and go, “YES”. Remember the goal, it is quality and not quantity.
3. Showcase your sense of humour – Try and implement a line in your bio that shows your sense of humour in the most positive way. The important part is that it resonates with you as a person. Don’t just take some example you read on another blog and implement it (trust me I’ve been caught out with this). It makes you look fake and unoriginal. I try and use cheesy humour because that is my sense of humour. I am an over the top cheesy person who tells the most awful dad jokes. Live your truth and be unapologetic for it.
4. List Hobbies – List a couple of your hobbies and explain why you enjoy doing them. The why is just as important as the hobby and passion itself. It grabs the reader’s attention and helps them resonate with you more. People who like the same things tend to like each other. This is a chance for you to meet someone with similar interests and therefore, create a great date idea.
5. Smile – As humans we are naturally attracted to people who make us feel positive. Smiling in your photos is a good indicator that you are a positive and fun person.
Spend time and get creative lads – you never know who your next match could be!